If you only have a small number of pounds between you and your goal weight, we want to first congratulate you on your progress! You’ve been putting in a lot of work, inside and out, to get there. Now, take a breath. Those last few pounds are nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, we believe they’re a testament to the joy and richness of living life to the fullest!
Still, we understand how frustrating it is to be so close, yet so far away, from your goal. While your weight loss may have slowed down, it’s important to stay consistent with your healthy habits. Here are some strategies to help you get through the final stretch.
The foundations of wellness
At our Colorado Springs medical spa, we believe in a balanced lifestyle and thus encourage our clients to prioritize their physical and mental health—not just skin care and cosmetic enhancements. After all, your well-being is far more important than the number on the scale or the always-elusive standards of beauty and perfection!
The following tips can help you keep the momentum going on your weight loss journey and avoid plateaus:
A healthy, balanced diet
- Instead of focusing on what you’re not putting in your body, focus on what you are! Opt for nutrient-dense whole foods that are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber, lean protein and healthy fats. Keep a food diary to keep you accountable.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your organs, flush out toxins, keep your skin glowing, and fill you up to avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Reduce your daily caloric intake, especially the closer you get to your goal weight. Intermittent fasting is a helpful option.
- Aim for a mix of cardio, strength training, and flexibility exercises to boost your metabolism and tone your muscles. A fitness tracker can help keep you motivated.
- Incorporate high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or increase the intensity of your current workouts to boost your metabolism.
Stay consistent with your healthy habits and wait a bit longer to see what’s around the corner.
- Get enough sleep, which will help regulate the hormones that control appetite and hunger.
- Incorporate stress management techniques like meditation, yoga, and mindfulness to reduce cortisol in the body, which is linked to belly fat.
- Seek the support of a registered dietitian, personal trainer, or weight loss group to help overcome the remaining physical, mental, and emotional challenges of this final hurdle.
Lastly, remember that the scale doesn’t always tell the full story. Pay attention to how your clothes fit and how you feel overall. Be patient with your progress. Sometimes, the body might be undergoing changes that aren’t immediately reflected in your weight. Stay consistent with your healthy habits and wait a bit longer to see what’s around the corner.
Medical weight loss with semaglutide
If you are struggling to lose more than just a few pounds, medical weight loss with semaglutide (the generic name for Wegovy and Ozempic) may be an effective option for you. Dr. Marvin Lee of PureLee Redefined works closely with patients on semaglutide to support your overall well-being while also using this medication to reduce hunger, allowing you space to develop healthy habits and see excellent results from an exercise routine and overall healthy lifestyle. Get the full details on our semaglutide program—and learn what makes PureLee Redefined different—here.
Non-surgical body contouring
While your well-being is our top concern, non-surgical body contouring treatments can be the perfect accompaniment to a holistic, healthy lifestyle! These treatments subtly sculpt and tone stubborn areas of the body, like the abs or arms, helping you to fine-tune your results:
- CoolSculpting uses a controlled cool temperature to target and eliminate fat cells. It’s a perfect ally for those areas that resist even the most diligent diet and exercise efforts. Safe, effective, and non-invasive, CoolSculpting can help you achieve the contours you desire without downtime.
- Emsculpt goes a step further by reducing fat AND building muscle. As muscle burns more calories than fat, this treatment boosts your metabolism, helping you maintain a leaner physique and enhancing the benefits of your fitness routine.
- Morpheus8 isn’t a weight loss treatment per se, but it’s a remarkable technology that tightens skin and treats cellulite. It can be the perfect finishing touch for candidates with mildly loose skin.
At PureLee Redefined, we recognize that each individual is unique. That’s why we offer personalized consultations to ensure that the treatments you receive complement your lifestyle and beauty goals. Other medical wellness treatments we offer to support your health journey include IV vitamin therapy, hormone therapy for men, and hormone therapy for women.
Remember, those stubborn pounds are often just souvenirs from “a life well-lived.” We are here to help celebrate your journey and restore your body in a way that makes you feel good!
Your trusted Colorado Springs medspa
Our boutique Colorado Springs medical spa is led by husband and wife duo, Dr. Kenya Lee and Dr. Marvin Lee. We believe in enhancing your natural beauty with inclusive and affordable non-surgical treatments tailored for all sizes, shapes, and shades of bodies. Schedule your personalized consultation by calling us at (719) 452-8541 or contacting us online. We can’t wait to meet you!